Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd. (MOSL), founded in 1987, is a diversified financial services firm headquartered in Mumbai, India. The company provides trading services in the following markets: equities, commodities, currencies, and derivatives. Additionally, it offers other products such as mutual funds, initial public offerings, gold, insurance, and fixed income. MOSL is well-known for its discretionary portfolio management service, MOAMC (PMS). Since its debut in 2003, the PMS has regularly exceeded the benchmark across market cycles.
Motilal Oswal’s client base is diverse, encompassing individual clients (including High Net Worth Individuals), mutual funds, overseas institutional investors, financial institutions, and corporate clients.
As of March 2018, Motilal Oswal’s network spanned 500+ cities and towns, with the company and its business partners operating 2,200+ business locations. The organization has approximately 10,00,000 registered customers with depository assets of over Rs 69,500 crores.
Motilal Oswal Securities is built on a solid research basis. Equity research accounts for over 10% of income. The organization maintains separate research teams for large-cap, mid-cap, and technical stocks. It has produced over 30,000 research papers on more than 260 firms spanning 21 industries. Motilal Oswal’s research reports on fundamental, technical, and derivatives markets have gained widespread media interest. Zee Business recognized him as India’s Best Market Analyst for the IT & FMCG sectors.
Customer ratings and review:
|Sl.No||Particulars||Customer ratings (Out of 10)|
|1||Brokerage Charges & Fees||9.5 / 10|
|2||Platform UI||9.0 / 10|
|3||Products & Services||8.5 / 10|
|4||Trading Experience||8.5 / 10|
|5||Customer Service||9.0 / 10|
|6||Overall Experience||8.9 / 10|
Types of Accounts:
The ordinary trading and Demat account provide access to a diverse variety of investment alternatives that can be tailored to your time horizon and risk tolerance. This account allows for trading in equity, derivatives, commodities, currency, mutual funds, initial public offerings, primary market securities, insurance, and fixed income products. The basic account type is designed for casual traders and long-term investors in the stock market.
Value Pack Account:
The Value Pack Account is a one-time subscription that provides significant brokerage rate reductions. Customers can choose from a variety of value packs and experience the benefits of placing transactions at lower rates. The brokerage fees included in the value pack are detailed below. Value packs are designed for busy traders that trade on a daily basis.
Brokerage charges and Fees:
|1||Upfront Fees (in INR)||2,500||5,000||25,000||50,000|
|2||Validity (in days)||30||90||180||365|
|3||Account Opening Fee (INR)||0||0||0||0|
|4||DP ? AMC (for 1st Year)||Free||Free||Free||Free|
Margin Pack Account:
The Margin Pack Account is a pre-committed margin account that offers substantial brokerage reductions. Customers can choose from a variety of margin packs and enjoy the benefits of trading at a lower cost. The Margin Scheme is designed for active traders who trade on a daily basis.
Brokerage charges and Fees:
|Sl.No||Particulars||Margin Rs.1,000||Margin Rs.10,000||Margin Rs.25,000||Margin Rs.50,000|
|1||Upfront Margin (in Rs.)||1,000||10,000||25,000||50,000|
|2||Account Opening Fee (in Rs.)||Free type||Free type||Free type||Free type|
|3||DP ? AMC (1st Year)||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|10||Free SMS Alerts (buy & sell)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|11||Free SMS Alerts (for advices)||NA||NA||NA||Yes|
|12||Call N Trade||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Motilal Oswal charges 0.0005 percent of the total turnover value in terms of SEBI Turnover Costs and 18 percent of the total value of brokerage and transaction charges in terms of GST as an open conciliator and provider of several financial trading related services.
The broking house charges Transaction Charges of 0.00335 percent on the total value of turnover, Securities Transaction Charges of 0.126 percent on the total value of turnover, and a variable but minimal amount in terms of Stamp Duty, which varies according to the laws and boundaries of various states.
Which is better – Motilal Oswal Vs Zerodha?
|1||Brokerage Charges & Fees||9.5 / 10||9.5 / 10|
|2||Platform UI||9.0 / 10||9.7 / 10|
|3||Products & Services||8.5 / 10||9.3 / 10|
|4||Trading Experience||8.5 / 10||9.0 / 10|
|5||Customer Service||9.0 / 10||8.5 / 10|
|6||Overall Experience||8.9 / 10||9.2 / 10|
|7||Broker Type||Full Service Broker||Discount Broker|
|8||Trading Annual Maintance Charges||Free||Free|
|9||Demat Account Opening Charges||Free||Free|
|10||Demat Annual Maintance Charges||Rs. 400 p.a||Rs. 300 p.a|
|11||Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs. 600||Online - Rs. 300; Offline Rs. 600|
Motilal Oswal review – Pros:
- Trading platforms have distinct features for traders and investors.
- Receive complimentary in-depth stock or scheme analysis and recommendations.
- Call and trade services are provided for free.
- The ‘Trend guidance tool’ combines the power of AI, machine learning, and deep industry insights into a single solution created particularly for traders.
- Trading and investment experience spans over 3 decades.
- Numerous investment options, such as equity, derivatives, initial public offerings, mutual funds, insurance, and fixed deposits.
- Value Pack Brokerage Schemes provide low-cost brokerage.
- Complete Operational Ease with over 60 banks for Fund Transfer.
- Advisory services for research are provided for free.
- Trading software is completely free.
Benefits of Opening Demat from Motilal Oswal:
- One Stop Financial Store – Begin trading across all exchanges-Trade in Equities, Futures & Options, Commodities, Currencies, Initial Public Offerings, and Mutual Funds all from one platform.
- Solid Research & Solid Advice – Motilal Oswal publishes over 30,000 research papers covering more than 230 companies and 21 categories. Daily, weekly, and monthly reports and suggestions from industry professionals.
- Trade Across Devices – With a strong, quick, and secure technology, you may trade anytime, anywhere, across platforms such as desktops, tablets, smartphones, and mobile phones.
- Dedicated Advisory Support – Receive Personalized Advisory Support for all of your trading requirements. Assistance with calls and trade is at your fingertips.
- Over 3 decades of Wealth Creation – Award-winning advice and tailored actionable strategies to match your investment style and risk tolerance.
Motilal Oswal review – Cons:
- Different investment services need an extra cost.
- It does not offer flat-fee or discount brokerage services.
- Mutual funds offer only standard plans.
- Brokerage fees are extremely exorbitant in contrast to discount brokers like Zerodha and Upstox.
- It does not offer a three-in-one account.
- While the brokerage in the value pack scheme is competitive, it does require an upfront cost when enrolling in the plan. Once selected, the value pack plans can not be updated or cancelled.
Additional Features offered by Motilal Oswal:
- Free Trading Calls.
- Free Research reports for Investing.
- SMS Alerts.
- Margin Funding.
- Margin against your shares.
- Other Investment Options.
- Mutual Funds.
- Bonds and Debt Instruments.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s).
- IPO Platform.
- Insurance service.
Motilal Oswal has been continuously serving traders and investors around the country for more than three decades, which has helped them establish themselves as one of the most reputable names in terms of financial (stock and derivative-based trading) service providers.
With all of the trophies they’ve received and the services they give, it’s not an exaggeration to claim they’ve earned their place among the nation’s top players.
Therefore, if you wish to open Motilal Oswal Demat Account, please follow the instructions outlined below:-
How to Open a Motilal Oswal Demat Account?
- To open a demat account, go to their website: “MotilalOswal . com”
- As soon as you click the button, a new form will appear on the screen of your computer.
- Complete the form completely and accurately.
- You will receive a call from a representative of Motilal.
- They will offer an online link for the KYC procedure, or you can call them to arrange a meeting.
- To complete the KYC procedure, you will need an Aadhar Card, a PAN Card, and a photograph to verify your age, identity, and address.
- After submitting the form and completing the KYC procedure, you can expect a call from one of the company’s authorised people.
- After completing all of the above processes, you should receive access to your new account within a couple of hours.
Disclaimer: All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only.